Relive Arcade Games On Your Computer
Reliving your favorite arcade games is a blast, but you’ve got to know where to start.
The first thing you need is an emulator. Emulator’s are programs which allow you to play each individual game. Here are some choices
M.A.M.E (Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator) supports over 3000 games.
2) Game ROM(s). These are more often than not protected by intellectual property and you may not have them if you don’t own the original game. Two great illegal options are Romnation for individual game downloads and for entire DVD roms ordering: Allgameroms
3) Get a real arcade controller.
The X-Arcade™ has been optimized for use with classic arcade games and has preset configurations for the highly popular MAME™ arcade emulator.
- Kawaks focuses on CAPCOM CPS-1, CPS-2 and SNK NeoGeo hardware.
- FinalBurnAlpha  focuses on Capcom CPS-1 and CPS-2, SNK Neo-Geo, Toaplan, Cave, SEGA System 16 and various miscellaneous hardware.
- Daphne focuses on Laserdisc games such as dragon’s lair or Space ace
- ZiNC focuses on Capcom, Taito, Konami, Tecmo, and Namco games (ZN-1, ZN-2 and system11 hardware)
- nebula focuses on CAPCOM CPS-1, CPS-2, NeoGeo, NeoGeo CD, konami and PGM games.
- Modeler focuses on Sega System 32, Sega Model-1 games.
- raine focuses on taito, jaleco and capcom games.